One of the major projects we undertook upon moving in to our house in November was the rewiring of the kitchen. I'm going to ask my husband to help me describe what was changed, but it involved new outlets, new circuits, lighting changes, and grounding everything properly.
I just wanted to take this opportunity to heartily recommend our electricians, Think Electric, a collective and progressive business managed by a young, friendly, competent, curious, hard-working, internet-savvy guy who goes by the nickname of Turtle. We LOVED them. They specialize in rewiring the 40s and 50s ranches in this neighborhood. I added a link to their website to my links list.
After missed appointments, arguments about grounding computer outlets, no callbacks, strange conversations and suspicions that we would steal "trade secrets," we decided that getting estimates from the other electricians in town was a waste of time. Luckily, we emailed (EMAILED!) Turtle, and he came out when he said he would, understood our needs, gave us a decent price, and did the job right. We ended up piling more small projects on the large one, and we gave them a big chunk of our remodeling budget. But it was worth every penny. Every time I turn on a light or plug in my vaccuum, I smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment