January 29, 2007

a present, for me?

You shouldn't have. No, really.

I finished the kitchen nook painting yesterday, and we cleaned the kitchen last night in preparation for OUR NEW STOVE. Sears had a one-day sale on Saturday, so I bought it. Now we just need to run a line up from the gas hookup, re-vent the kitchen, and we're good to go. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have a fully operational range again. We decided to go with white. Yes, there is a danger of our kitchen looking like this recent real estate listing photo (NOT our house), but I'm looking to the future, a future when our countertops are not white laminate and our cabinets are wood.

In other good news, the dryer that broke last week has been fixed, and Mr. Reluctant repaired the valve on the shower, so we now no longer take tepid showers.

I'm running out of steam. I think I'm finally tagged by the virus that's been running around the playground of Eugene. I'm going to take a few days off.

No comments: