...needs replacing! Well, one part of it anyway. We have a rubber membrane over the flat porch area and a roof that is fine over the main section of the house, but an older roof over the "bonus room" addition. Because no, we wouldn't want our junk, boxes, and the fantastic industrial, stained, mislaid carpet ruined. You can see the roof and said carpet in these very unflattering shots of the back of our house.
Mr. Reluctant called for an estimate appointment today. Before we moved in, we had a quote to fix a slightly sagging beam and the shingles replaced for a bit under $1K, I believe it was, and the sellers duly knocked that off the price. Who knows if that was accurate, though. Needless to say, I am less than enthused about spending the money we could be using for an oven hood/venting the kitchen to redo the roof over the part of the house I like the least. That's how it goes, though, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment