July 10, 2007

all i want for my birthday


...is a new porch light. Well, ok, if you bought me a dining room chandelier, I wouldn't complain. And a few guys to powerwash and paint the exterior of my house. And, um, that kitchen vent? And new cabinets for the kitchen and a fig tree and a carport and a patio and a garden retaining wall and a new bathroom.

This is like "Stone Soup," but opposite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a journalist writing a story for the New York Times Magazine on first time home owners and I want to include someone(s) working on a fixer upper. My editor has a few criteria for the home owners that I can describe if you contact me. I'm at my blogger display name plus verizon dot net. (I'm doing it that way in order not to get spammed.)
Thnks, Camille