Her: Hey, I need a math bitch.
Him [sighing]: What for?
Her: To do the pi-r-squared thing on the tree mulch to figure out how many bricks I need to go around it.
Him: I see why you need a math bitch.
Her: Er, I mean the 2-pi-r thing.
Him: If you know how to do it, you don't need a math bitch. I'll check your work.
Her: Nooooo...
Him: I'll give you a grade.
Her: Noooooo!
3 comments:
You can also just lay a piece of rope or even garden hose around it then straighten it out and measure it to where the circle was completed.
(and I could easily be considered a "math bitch" since if I had taken just one more math course and a few social science courss, I would have qualified for a dual degree in math & engineering. But I still count on my fingers. Oy. )
Ah, good idea! We're all about the formulas in this house, but the rope sounds more my speed -- I haven't had a math class since high school!
glad you corrected yourself. It would be a shame to cover ALL that pretty mulch with bricks by pi-r squaring!
Post a Comment