March 15, 2007

first lawn mowing of the season!


And boy howdy, I'm happy it's done. The lawn fertilizer and warm, wet, warm weather cycle really made the lawn explode. It is still a mess, full of half-dead moss and broad leaf weeds, plus cyclamen and grape hyacinths, only about 75% of which Mr. Reluctant mowed down. We borrowed the neighbor's professional mower, so it was a snap. Note to self: bake neighbor cookies. The only grrrr part was that after we were done, the neighbor said that he used to mow the POs lawn for the first time each year himself, since the PO let it grow knee-high. So we could have had **him** do it if we had waited a few more weeks. Haha.

I haven't done anything around the house because I've been on deadline, but tomorrow I'm taking the day off and blissfully gardening. I've got me a grape arbor to tackle, some dolomite lime to spread, and lovely crabgrass edging that I need to attack. And we need to buy a lawn mower.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

My husband does that too, "accidentally" mows something I was trying to naturalize, like he couldn't tell where the grass ended or something!