Our gas stove is installed! The guys were blazing fast. There was already a stub under the house, so pulling the gas line through the kitchen floor was no big deal. They did a great job with the line, and cleaned up after themselves.
There's just one problem: they had to drill the hole in the floor a few inches away from the wall, since there was a floor joist there. So my stove isn't flush against the wall. Any ideas about closing off the gap? We're planning to remove the cupboards over the stove and install a stainless steel backsplash and a chimney vent, so I wonder if it is possible to somehow integrate a little shelf into that. Actually, now that I'm typing, it sounds like an impossible idea, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
In any case, I'm thrilled to finally have a functional stove, especially one that's gas-fired and brand new. Now, if I could just shake the ick that has invaded my lungs and ears and head, I'd be a happy little remodeler. I'm not at the stage Mr. Reluctant was (yet?) when he told me all he wanted was to die, but I spent most of the afternoon and evening in bed yesterday, and I'm seriously considering returning there now.
2 comments:
Man, I miss cooking with gas. What a pleasure that is. Congrats!
Thank you! It's been a great pleasure so far. It's been over 5 years since we've had a gas stove. Hope I never have to go back.
Post a Comment