February 8, 2007

chairman of the board


Me: I got a message from Scholar Craft. He says my chairs are 20-30 years old.

Mr. R: Oh?

Me: Yes, and they cost $32 new apiece.

Mr. R: heh heh heh

Mr. R: And they’re a value even at $32.

Me: Oh, you managed to get that out the second time without laughing?

Mr. R: I hope you’re not planning to buy more of those chairs…

Me: I am. I’m planning to furnish the whole house with them.

Mr. R: …because four is enough.

Me: They’re very comfortable.

Mr. R: Yeah, if you’re in elementary school.

Mr. R: [thinks] If you want to get something good from elementary school, get those big triangular pillows, thanks.

Mr. R: Do you even know what I’m talking about?

Me: All I know is that I’m going to dig into our living room floor and make a library pit…Do YOU even know what I’m talking about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.