June 27, 2007


Mr. Reluctant is off for several weeks, so I've decided that to stay on track and unlonely, I'm going to make myself do house projects and work projects each day, even though I'd rather mope around looking at LOLcats all day and eating potato chips. So far, I've already planted grass seed on the bare spots in the lawn (see picture), gouged my arm disentangling grape vines from the butterfly bush tree, and pinched my upper arm hard when the camera lens retracted suddenly (don't ask). So far, so good. The picture is notable because it represents the first time Mr. Reluctant has ever voluntarily weeded anything on his own. Hence, the bare spots in the lawn that needed seeding. Yes, I know it's the middle of summer, and I don't care. I'm very proud of him.

My projects will include stuff I can manage on my own:

- finish painting the kitchen;
- organize the shed;
- organize the painting materials and the increasingly messy back room;
- paint the laundry room;
- start planning exterior painting (paint the shed as a sample?);
- trim the back hedge (aucuba japonica);
- weed the front area around the house (gulp);
- chop down the wisteria and begin the painful process of removing the underground suckers;
- replace the crappy broken trim on the counter.

No comments: