June 21, 2007

let there be light?

We had the electricians come out and fix a minor problem with a GFCI outside on the back porch, so I took the opportunity to ask about other stuff. Looks like it will be an easy matter to install a light on the shed (northeast corner) that will illuminate the otherwise dark backyard, since we already have electricity in the shed. We have a hole drilled for a light to the right of the door (I assume, since I don't think the original use was for a bird house, which was its use until I kicked some feathery ass), but the electrician said a northeast corner light (above the yellow paint sample in the picture) would light up both areas of the yard. Good point, that.

Also easy is installing a new back porch overhead light -- I'm going to tackle that project on my own, now that I know the wires are in good shape. Not quite so easy is pulling a line under the house and through to the front porch, but it's doable. And not super easy at all is disconnecting the fan/light combo and running a separate line for the fan. I think the latter will have to wait for the bathroom remodel.

No comments: