Hi! I've been having some computer problems, so I've not been able to post about the bathroom spruce up or kitchen painting, not to mention the yard projects, but I had this written and I think my computer is OK now, so more soon.
Mediterranean Sea Bass
Serves: 4
Kitchen Needs: Oven
This is really a left-overs dish. Well, a left-overs dish with a very nice piece of fish. We bought a hunk of seabass (about 1.5 pounds or so) from our local fish market on a week night. Just as quick as you can say 'delicious fishilicious' I had slicked the fish with olive oil, then added the following on top:
1/2 preserved lemon, chopped (or 1 full lemon's worth of juice and a teaspoon or two of salt)
a handful of good black olives
1 T. capers
1 clove garlic
chopped parsley
1/2 cup vermouth (a great substitute for white wine when you don't have it)
ground black pepper
1/2-1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups green beans, chopped into 2-inch lengths
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast fish uncovered in an 8x8 Pyrex dish until opaque in the center at 350 degrees (about 30 minutes for my piece, but check yours). Green beans will soften and soak up the sauce. WARNING: Do not add cold liquids to hot Pyrex dishes. Been there, had to clean up the glass explosion in my fish. Serve with rice pilaf.
That's it!
No comments:
Post a Comment