We've had a few beautiful days, so I've been doing more with the restoration of my yard. The semi-raised beds are ready to go, and I've moved my over-wintered herbs into them, and planted my over-wintered chives and Walla Walla onion sets in another bed. I bought some brussells sprouts (Oliver), which I've never grown, and three varieties of raspberry (Amity, Newburgh and Meeker). I also bought a Montmorency cherry on a whim and a 40% off sale, one tree I've always wanted to have. Let's see if I can keep it alive.
It turns out we have a bunch of softball-to-volleyball-sized river rocks that were once used for landscaping and now hidden under weeds in various places. I've been using these to mark off beds as I plan the front landscaping and finish up the bare minimum back landscaping.
My project for tomorrow is to weed the grapes and the front flower beds. Mr. Reluctant is in the process of cleaning out the gutters (again) and re-doing the moss control on the roof. I've been digging and hauling and yanking. We have horrendous root-running grass that gets into everything.
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! We're still in the 30s, so no planting for us yet. Plus we need to rig up some huge structure to keep the deer out, because last year's garden on our deck made a HUGE mess with leaves and dropped veggies sticking everywhere.
Have fun with your cherry tree. I have wild raspberries, but hoping I can figure a way to grow real ones without the turkeys eating them.
You could sic the raccoons on them?
Post a Comment